German RETech Partnership is the network of German companies and institutions in the waste management and recycling industry for the export of innovative technologies and the transfer of know-how.
Climate protection and resource efficiency are becoming more and more important. To this effect, the waste management and recycling industry provides a vital contribution, and the worldwide demand for the corresponding technologies increases continually.
The German recycling and waste management industry has excellently been prepared for meeting this worldwide demand. The international market share of German companies with 25% is already remarkable in this area. However, there are still great potentials for the export of German technology, concepts and services, which have not been used yet. To use these potentials and promote the export of German technology as well as the know-how transfer by a cooperation of the individual players is a major concern for RETech. At the same time, RETech and its members provide an important contribution to improving the standards in the waste management industry worldwide.
RETech consolidates companies and institutions from the entire area of the waste management and recycling industry from collection and logistics to treatment and marketing as well as consultation, planning, research and teaching under one roof. The RETech activities are supported by an advisory body in which the BMU, the BMBF, the BMWi and BMZ, UBA, GIZ, KfW as well as the BDE associations, the bvse, VKU, VAK and VDMA cooperate. Due to this network the RETech platform provides a unique opportunity for supporting the establishment of a well-ordered waste management industry, improving the requirements significantly for the export of German waste management and recycling technology.
RETech consolidates all companies and institutions involved in the waste disposal chain.
RETech 's objectives
- Improvement of the export requirements for companies in the recycling and waste management industry
- Improvement of the competitivity of the German SME and promotion of the marketing of sustainable and innovative recycling and efficiency technology
- Promotion of know-how transfer
- Establishment of a network of ministries, subordinated authorities, scientific institutions and associations which support the export of German recycling and waste management technology and knowledge transfer
- Development and improvement of the international standards in the waste management industry, in particular in the developing and emerging countries
- Support of policy, domestic and abroad, in establishing a regulatory framework for the waste management industry
- Support of foreign partners in the application of sustainable environmental technology and sustainable environmental management